Thursday, September 27, 2012

In My Dreams

I walk up and down the halls of my dreams and I cannot find you
I open all the doors and it seems I need to remind you
I loved you and gave you my heart and my life for today and tomorrow
But you left me and now
I walk up and down the halls of my dreams but I can't find you

I can still see you there with the sun behind you
Smiling and laughing and loving me
I held your hand and smelled your brown skin
In my young young life
And the future had texture to hold onto
The future was bright and had promise

But then you left me in mid-air
You left me suspended there
A sentence unfinished, you were suddenly not there
All I knew went away, it left in one day
It left for no reason, with a shot in the heart
Leaving me with nothing to hold onto
My body was shattered, no longer whole
You were the center of my life and you gave meaning to my soul.

You left me that day, and I pushed all the pain away
I wanted you to stay, I had so much more to say
Then my world tilted to the left and I entered the darkest night
Nothing would ever be right as for my sanity I did fight
I am running in my dreams and in my dream I scream
Watching you walk up the steps as slowly you turned around
Then you are gone, it all was wrong, and I bent backward

I walk up and down the halls of my dreams
I gasp for air, or a handle, someone who would care
Any part of reality to get me over there
To the place where is makes sense, this life of mine
It has been fraught with heartache and too much pain
So little gain, you were to be my groom and then gone too soon.
But you left, you just checked out, there was no more sound
And now I seek you in my dreams.  Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment